Standard activation method for 3rd party Music Players to serve Google Assistant commands is to
tell Google Assistant which player to use:
Play [artist name] on Muzecast Streamer
Unfortunatly Google Assistant does not always recognize the name "Muzecast Streamer".
In that case you can use
Method 2 to make Muzecast as a default responder for Google Assistant Voice commands to play music.
From this point, any ask to play something, Google Asistant will use Muzecast Streamer to play.
- Install Android Auto;
- Once installed, open Android Auto;
- On Android Auto Screen click Headphone icon at the bottom;
- It should display multiple players one of which will be Muzecast;
- Select Muzecast;
- Start some playback;
- Click Microphone icon and tell to play something like: Play Depp Purple;
- Android Auto should response: Ok, Asking to play Deep Purple on Muzecast;
- Playback should start from Muzecast;
- Close Android Auto;
- Bring Google Assistant by voice or long hold Home Button;
- Now you can tell the same thing: Play Abba;
- You do not have to tell on which player to play;
- Assistant should response: Ok, Asking Muzecast to play Abba;